Congratulations on getting into college, into dental school, surviving dental school,
and possibly a residency, and now wanting to own your own practice.
Buying your own practice is one of the best decisions
you can make in dentistry!
You’ve made so many good decisions already in life, you should feel good about where
you are. Feel confident. You’ve made good choices. Dentistry is an incredibly
rewarding career choice. You get to master a craft where you’re positively
impacting people’s health. You get to help them improve their smile
and feel better about themselves. You have tons of flexibility
in how you practice. Plus, you are paid well to do it all.
And now you’ve made the wise decision to buy a practice.
What do I mean? I mean the stakes to buy the right practice for you are high.
Get this step wrong and you’re looking at:
• Money worries
• Angry staff and patients
• A frustrated family that doesn’t see you as much as they’d like.
• Decades of paying back those student loans
On the other hand I’ve seen happy, fulfilled, relaxed, and wealthy dentists thriving in their career, positively impacting the lives of their patients, and living the life of their dreams. Many of the happy dentists own their practice, and they love being owners.
How will you find, analyze and negotiate the best practice for you? Will your career have a head wind or a tail wind?
What would your career look like if you bought the right practice?
- You got into dentistry to be successful in life. You have seen dentists buying practices and becoming almost immediately successful. You understand that which practice you buy plays a huge role in your overall career success. You want to do everything you can to ensure your career success.
- You're ready to own a practice. You know that you’re going to own soon. Maybe you feel like you have moved on past your current situation. You’re ready to practice dentistry your way. You’re sick of making other owners wealthy. You find yourself wanting practice ownership more and more as times goes by.
- You’re Not Sure About the Process. You’ve heard some things about the process of buying a practice but aren’t exactly sure how they all fit together. You know you need to hire a team. You know you need to have an LOI and negotiate some things. When do you do all that? In what order? You want to make sure you understand the road to practice ownership as you start down it.
- You’re Hearing the “Good Practices are Hard to Find”. You hear about other buyers finding “unicorn”, but how did they do it? You’ve browsed websites and even called a few brokers, but haven’t found anything yet. You’re excited to own a practice but you don’t want to buy a dud.
- You’re Thinking “Maybe I’ll Just Do a Start-up”. You’d rather buy an established patient base and the reputation someone else took the time to build but just have not been able to find any good practices. You are thinking about giving up and doing a startup. You’re feeling like the choice is between buying a crappy practice or waiting around for another couple years for a good practice to come on the market.
- You’ve Heard the Buyer Horror Stories. You’ve heard about deals that go bad. You’ve heard about the dreaded dual-representation brokers who would just as soon empty your wallet smiling the whole time. You need to know that you are getting a good deal.
"If you want to be sure that you buy the RIGHT practice, the one that will set you up for career success and allow you to reach your personal, professional and financial goals, this is the course for you!"
- How to Be SURE You’re Ready to Own a Practice
- Exactly what to do about student loans RIGHT NOW
- The best steps to take after dental school to move into practice ownership as fast as possible
- The 2 best methods dentists use to FIND the best practices for sale
- How to select your team and how much you’ll pay them
- How to read financial statements and tax returns well enough to understand another dentist’s practice
- How to analyze a practice for sale (with 3 in-depth examples!)
- How to value a practice for sale
- How to calculate how much money you’ll make buying a practice
- How and when to submit an LOI and EXACTLY what you can and should negotiate
- How to ensure you get the best practice loan and how to negotiate with the banks
- An overview of the entire practice purchase process end-to-end
- The must-know basics of the legal documents and what to watch for
- Exactly what your attorney will do for you and when
- How to complete the practice due diligence
- What to do once the LOI is signed and the 5 things that MUST be done before you close
- On top of all that you’ll learn you get the following tools:
- Real examples of broker valuations & how I analyzed them
- The actual worksheet & online tools other dentists use to find the best practices for sale
- Mailer templates to use to find practices
- The Practice Purchase Blueprint Analysis Tool™ spreadsheet to analyze & value practices with detailed instructions
- An LOI Template to submit your offer with instructions on how to use it
- Examples of letters to patients that actually work
- And it goes without saying that all of this is provided with:
- On-demand access 24/7 from any device you own
- Lifetime access to the material
- A 30-day money-back guarantee!
- …Find the perfect practice! The unicorn. The diamond in the rough. The off-market opportunity no other buyer even knows about. The practice with high collections, low overhead, a loyal patient base, perfect location and awesome staff. They exist! You can find them!
- …Can practice dentistry the RIGHT way. The way you know is best for patients. Without a corporate overlord subtly (or not-so subtly!) pressuring you to push treatment plans that aren’t in the patient’s best interest.
- …Feel confident in your financial future. You see the numbers. You know how many patients are there. You know what the practice is capable of. And you know that the income potential to pay off those student loans and live more successfully is there.
- …Have full control over your schedule & patient base. You can set the hours. You can set the days. Want to grow the practice aggressively and bring in the big bucks? Want to scale back to actually enjoy life? Want to work with the type of patients that make you feel satisfied as a dentist? It’s possible.
Other dentists do this successfully every year. You can too.
Exactly What to Do to Be Ready to Buy a Practice
1.1 - What Analyzing a Practice Actually Looks Like – Real Practice Analysis Example #1
1.2 - What a Perfect Practice Profile Looks Like
1.3 - What to Do About Student Loans NOW
1.4 - The Best Steps to Take After Dental School
Module 1 Tools
- Real Broker Valuation - Practice Analysis Example 1
- The Perfect Practice Profile
- The Practice Ownership Networking Plan
Exactly How to Find a Great Practice to Buy
2.0 - Module Intro
2.1 - How to Use Brokers to Find a Practice
2.2 - The Net Fishing Approach (Using Mailers to Find a Practice)
2.3 - The Spear Fishing Approach (Using Targeted Demographics to Find a Practice)
Module 2 Tools
- Spearfishing Method Worksheet Download
- Doctor Mailing List Excel Download
- Mailer Example 1 – Jordan
- Mailer Example 2 – Postcard
- Mailer Example 3 – Letter & Follow Up Letter
How to Assemble the Best Team for Your Practice Purchase (and How Much They Cost)
3.0 - Who’s On (and NOT On) Your Team
3.1 - Choosing the Best Transitions Accountant
3.2 - Choosing the Best Transitions Lawyer
3.3 - Other People You Might Hire
How to Read Financials, Analyze a Practice For Sale, Value It, and Estimate How Much Money You’re Going to Make
4.1 - How to Read Tax Returns and Financial Statements
4.2 - Using the Practice Purchase Analysis Tool
4.3 - Practice Analysis Example #1 (A Complete Broker Valuation)
4.4 - Practice Analysis Example #2 (Incomplete Financials)
4.5 - How Valuations Work + Benchmarks to Use
4.6 - How to Calculate How Much Money You’ll Make Buying a Practice
4.7 - How to Analyze Non-Financial Practice Details
Module 4 Tools
- Real Dental Practice Financials – Example 1
- Real Dental Practice Financials – Example 2
- The Practice Purchase Blueprint Analysis Tool
How & When to Submit the LOI and What to Negotiate
5.0 - Module Intro
5.1 - The Typical LOI Sequence of Events + 2 LOI Pitfalls to Avoid
5.2 - Review of Each Section of the LOI Including What to Negotiate
5.3 - 3 Tips Using Psychology to Make Sure Your LOI is Accepted
5.4 - How to Negotiate to Get the Best Price + Negotiations Lessons from 200+
5.5 - How to Negotiate the Asset Allocation & Understand Tax Implications
5.6 - Negotiating the Accounts Receivable (A/R) Successfully
5.7 - 5 Other Things to Negotiate in Your LOI
Module 5 Tools
- Downloadable LOI Template
Exactly How to Get the Very Best Practice Loan
6.0 - Module Intro
6.1 - Essential Basics to Know About Practice Loans
6.2 - 5 Things You Need to Get the Best Practice Loan
6.3 - Exactly When to Call the Banks to Get the Best Rates and Terms
6.4 - Here’s How Many Banks to Have at the Table
6.5 - Exactly How to Choose Which Loan is Best
Understanding the Legal Side of Buying a Practice
7.0 - Module Intro
7.1 - The Must-know Legal Basics of Buying a Practice
7.2 - How to Find the Best Attorney & How Much You’re Likely to Pay
7.3 - This is Exactly When to Hire Your Attorney & What They Should Do First
7.4 - These are the Legal Documents You’ll See & What They Mean
7.5 - 5 Tips for Reading Legal Documents to Make Sure You Have the Most Protection
Getting Ready to Own – Due Diligence & Everything to Do After You Sign the LOI
8.0 - Module Intro
8.1 - The 3 Most Important Things to Start Immediately After the LOI is Signed
8.2 - How to Not Get Ripped Off with Life & Disability Insurance
8.3 - How to Complete Your Due Diligence
8.4 - The 5 Things that Must Be Done Before Closing Day
8.5 - Letter to Patients Examples, Tips & Tricks
Module 8 Tools
- Letter to Patients Example (Good!)
- Letter to Patients Example (Bad!)
Does this course have a start and end date?
Nope! This course is 100% online and at the pace that works best for you. Binge the entire course and come back to each module as you’re working through them. How you tackle the content is up to you!
How long will I have access to the course?
Forever! Your investment grants you access to all the materials for as long as you like.
I’m not looking for a practice right now, should I wait to buy the course?
You’ll be far better prepared to buy a practice the sooner you understand some of the elements at play. A few of the keys to success (discussed in detail in the course materials) involve have some cash on hand and having a robust network of dentists for your search. You’ll be at a HUGE advantage the sooner you understand and apply these principles.
What if I’m unhappy with the purchase?
No problem! Everyone learns differently. If you’d like a refund in the first 30 days of your purchase, just let me know and it’ll be taken care of.
Can I get a student discount?
I do offer a student discount from time to time. Email me directly email@example.com for details and to verify your student status.